Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Best Indieface of March

March was a long month. Musically, it seemed like a lot was either released or announced this month on the Indieface.


Bell X1, Handsome Furs, White Lies, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and The Decemberists all found themselves in my graces during the month. Several tunes produced from these new releases stuck in my head, found their way on my iPod, and resulted in me purchasing and downloading them. Always promote legal listening kids!


On a live music performance note, I was fortunate to see Tokyo Police Club, Ra Ra Riot, and Ruby Coast at The White Rabbit here in San Antonio. The highlight for me had to be Ra Ra Riot's unique brand of indie pop. Shown at right is lead singer, Wes Miles, and cellist, Alexandra Lawn. I look forward to seeing them again and reporting on more shows I attend in the future.


That's all for now! See you in April . . . .

0 comments: